Monday 11 April 2016

Stripey Snap Pajamas

I started this project early March, but only finished it last night.

Such a satisfying make - the snap placket was the best part, I love adding snaps to children's clothing. I bought a few colours KAM snaps and pliers last year, and have been using it for many projects, it was definitely worth buying.  I struggled a bit lining up the stripes of the pjs, even though I used the Bernina's walking foot.

It is the  Lullaby Line Snap pajamas from Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop.  These PAB patterns have become a staple here. I love that it is affordable,  covers many sized in one pattern purchase and that the clothes I make using PAB patterns are always a hit with the children. With the current $/ZAR exchange rate, I really must limit myself to one pattern a month, perhaps 2 if the pattern I want is discounted by 50% on a Thursday.

The fabric is a thin cotton knit that I bought on a facebook fabric selling page - I love that with a metre of fabric and less than R200, I can make something fantastic for my children. Win win - I need to sew to relax and they get new clothes, not made in Bangladesh or China, but made at home by their mom. Happy guilt free quality clothes.

The Snap pajamas is for sizes preemie to 4T, but I think it can easily be modified to fit bigger sizes. I plan to make on for E, a slim almost 7 year old, by just lengthening the body, legs and sleeves of the pattern. Should get that done soon, winter is here - we had a couple of very cold days the past week.



No comments:

Post a Comment